Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SOUND OVER FOR Jan. 31

Sound Off
Thanks for concentrate

Thank you to all the well-wishers as I auditioned for “America’s Got Talent.” Now i can check that off my bucket list. They told us we’d hear around the end of February if we have made it to the second audition. I’ll let you know if I make it. Again, thank you all caring.

Something’s fishy

This is really what makes me tight-jawed. I acknowlegde a claim for loss of  subsistence and use. I’m an avid fisherman fishing on the average of two to three times per week. I have my boat and material, probably too much if you ask my wife. When I went to submit my claim they said without bills for purchased seafood I would probably be rejected. Hello, I don’t buy fish, I fish and I eat the fish I catch. If I don’t catch fish I just don’t eat fish. I’m sure that I am not alone in that way of thinking. I’m spoiled on catching my own Gulf seafood and I won’t buy any over the counter fish.

Too much risk

The paper has some good coverage of work by the business association in Hancock County, but the problem is homeowners’ insurance and how that is, and will continue to be, a drag on new business. Our $14,000 hurricane deductible means that we will sell and leave when our jobs are over. This financial risk is too much to have hanging over our heads. I’d like to know how many concerns and investors have decided to go elsewhere in the past few years after learning about the insurance situation.

There’s no guarantee

I had enjoy to reading the newspaper daily. It is the best learning medium of all. I am 72 and have learned even more than I did in school. All the Sound Offs about uninsured motorists are good, but not a guarantee to the inconsiderate uninsured vehicle operators. No matter what the state or anyone else tries, it won’t be a guarantee because the same goes, the unconsidered can cancel their policy. We still have to preserve ourselves and family.

What is essential

As an aside, it simply makes no sense to me what ever that we require everyone to have auto insurance when automobile transportation is not a life necessity while currently there is opposition to requiring everyone to pay into health care when we consider health care a life necessity. It is totally backwards. Auto insurance should be optional and let people take the risk of loss. If we do not have single payer health care like most developed nations, then health insurance should be required because our society has deemed that we cannot turn people away from necessary care.

No comments:

Post a Comment